Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In The Summer Time?

I absolutely LOVE summer time! I love being able to do things that I don't usually have time to do. I love being able to do big projects. I love spending more time with people that I don't get to see as often in the school year. I love not having a million assignments and due dates. I love the heat! (I know... weird right??) I just love it! Here are some things I do in the summer time (OH! And they are not in specific order... just the order that the pictures loaded in. So don't feel bad if your placement in this post is not where you wanted it! ha ha):




Have Midnight Dance Parties!!!

So Spencer (My cousin) spent the night awhile back and we started a tradition of midnight dance parties when he stays, so last night he was here again and we had another midnight dance party. It was pretty much for awesome!!! These pictures are way out of order for how it actually went down, but it is too hard to move them around!
The Very end became interpretive dance! hee hee

Oh Kadon and Spencer! How crazy you are! 


Three of my favorite boys. They are so silly!



Me and Spenc jammin out with Kadon in the background, sleep dancing.

 
Kadon was WAY tired. Poor guy!


Spend Time with Adam!!!

WHAT?? I like going on dates with my boyfriend?!?!?! Who knew! ;)

So I don't have pics of all of this but some fun things Adam and I have done: Shooting with his family, game nights with each other's friends and families, swim parties, watch the fountain at Fountain Hills, go to all is friends wedding receptions (I think they are all getting married! Crazy how that happens when you are old!), eat yummy "picnics" in the MCC institute (sadly this also means that we're taking SOC 101 in summer school... I guess it's not too bad though), watch THE BEST movies (and when I say the best I mean... ???), walk on the "beach" at Val Vista Lakes, etc etc. 

Adam, we have GOT to take more pictures! I only have a few and I am already recycling them!!! I guess we just have too much fun to stop and take pictures!



See Julie!!!!

When School is in, i rarely actually get to see Jemma... but in the summer time we can do some crazy stuff! (if you aren't sure what...just look at the post before this one!)
This picture is like a year and a half old, but I like it! Love ya Jules!



See Jenny!!!

Love this girl tons! In the school year, I usually only see her in my car on the way to school or on the way home. Gotta love fun random things together!
Oh remember the road trip!!!


See my other friends!!!

Sorry other friends... I don't have pictures. Sad day. But I love seeing you just the same!



Play the Piano!!!


Piano is my first musical love. I could really play for hours! I was that nerdy kid that never had to be told to practice simply because I love it SO much! Sometimes I have to make myself stop playing because I feel guilty that I am spending so much time with it. I never have tons of time to just play for fun in the school year and one of the greatest things about summer is that I can play every day! I think I'm going to go find something way difficult to play and make it my summer goal... then I will atleast feel that I am accomplishing something when I play!
This pic is from last year's recital, but I don't really take pictures of myself playing the piano all that often, so this is the best I can do!

Keyboards are fun!




Read books I've been meaning to read and don't have time cuz all I tend to read are text books!!!

The books are "The History of Joseph Smith By His Mother" (very good! totally recommend it!) "An Assembly Such as This" (the first of the Mr. Darcy books... highly recommended for Pride and Prejudice Lovers) and "Jesus The Christ" which I am actually just starting but am SO excited and am sure it will be fabulous!!! I would encourage anyone to read it and I am only a little ways in to it!



See Cousins!!!

Some of my cousins only live a mile away, but when school is in  I only see them at family gatherings... but the other day I went over to watch them for a bit and we made a sick car out a cardboard box. I pushed them around in it and sadly it broke (as you can see in the picture) but it was MUCHO fun!
Caleb, Tyson, and Hailee chillin in the coolest car ever!


Service!!!

Sadly, I do not do enough service. I should be so much better. But I really like to work on humanitarian projects and such. It is always good to get out of yourself and remember that there is always someone less fortunate!


Be with the fam!!!

I have the best family ever! I love to spend time with them and do random things... like the other day when it was way nice outside, Mackay Kadon and I all went skating. It was WAY fun. We should do more cool stuff like that in the school year... but sadly we don't always get around to it. I will be better!
I'm not trying to be cool and pop my foot or anything... I am trying to show you all my retro chic skates that are SO cool... and I guess that they are not even retro cuz they are legit! They were my Grandma Shelley's and she gave them to me last summer... they are way fun. If you have only been on roller blades, you should really try skates!

Mackay is the pro at roller blading! He used to play street hockey with a bunch of guys in the ward and he would pretty much dominate! That's my bro!



Kadon is resting for a bit before we go out again... skating is actually quite tiring! I would call it a work out!

My family has done lots of other cool things, like ride the light rail to a cool thing in downtown Phoenix, swim, play games, play sports, etc, I just don't have pictures... bummer. But it is lots of fun to all be home together... too bad that Dad has to go to work. You know... the whole earn money, support a family gig?




Go to a wicked awesome monster exhibit at the Museum for Youth with Mom and Kadon

I think the exhibit is still there, and I would recommend it. We had so much fun! Then again... we have fun with everything that we do, but I still think that this was especially fun!

Me and Kadon doing a sweet puppet show! I think that one monster is eating my head! AH!!!


Don't I have the coolest Mom EVER?!?!?


We were scared to go inside!!! ha ha ha.



Swim

I LOVE to swim! I love to swim laps for exercise, just swim for fun, and even just be in the water. I try to swim laps most days and I love what good exercise it is!


Crochet

Yes... I am learning to crochet, and I LOVE it! Mom is teaching me (she is very good btw) and right now I am working on a blanket! I thought that I was going to have to turn it into a shawl cuz I was running out of yarn and thought the kind I was using was discontinued, BUT low and behold one day at Michaels they suddenly had it again!!! WOOT




WOW! This was a forever long blog post! But it was fun... so yes, that is what I do in the summer time when all the world is... brown?

Hope you are all having a summer as wonderful as mine! 

2 comments:

Hannah Engberg said...

We need to take some pictures together Kailei! The only picture i have us are at girls camp or primary activities! And your aren't weird! I love the heat too! I'm a desert rat through and through! LOL! Midnight dance parties are the best aren't they?!

JaimieA said...

I'm soooo glad you found my blog! Now I can see yours! I didn't know you had one! Wow you like to do a lot of stuff in the summer!!!