Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More than a month... oops!

Yay for huge catch-up post!!! Sorry that I haven't blogged forever...but I guess life just gets going really fast sometimes. So...just incase you don't want to read this entire post, I'll label the sections so you can go to the ones you want!


JAW STUFF

So... I have been having some problems with my jaw and it basically got to the point where I could barely even open my mouth. The disks in my jaw had slipped forward and I was in quite a bit of pain, but nothing to awful...it's just not good to be a singer who can't open her mouth! So I went to the orthodontist and I got this cool kois programmer that has totally fixed the problem! It is a HUGE blessing. I am so grateful that I don't have to have surgery! What a blessing it is. So, I have to put heat on my jaw, and I got tired of holding it there, so my Mom came up with a great idea of how I could not hold it any more. Aren't Mom's awesome??? 
Mom says that I must be very secure with myself to post this picture. I think it's awesome though! Oh, the many functions of hair clips :)


SPRING BREAK AND BEYOND

So...as I said in a previous post, my spring break was different than my family's which was a big bummer but it actually turned out ok. Dad and I went to see Les Miserables at Phoenix theater and it was AWESOME!!! Thank you thank you thank you Dad!!! We both loved it tons!

Then, the week after, my family went to New Mexico to a cabin of a friend there and, my parents surprised me and got me a ticket to fly out and join them for the weekend, which was way fun. Here's some of the awesome stuff we did. 
This is at the white sands. It's 300 square miles of this WAY soft sand that you can sled down like on snow. (Doesn't it even look like snow?!?) and so we spent Saturday afternoon there and had a blast!

This is me sledding down, with these way fun little kids that were next to us trying to convince me to go off the jump. ha ha. 

This happened before I got there, but I thought the pictures were way cute! I love my family!!!

Doesn't Kadon make a great little fish???


LEGIT

So...for the first time I felt like the crazy college students you hear about! While my family was in New Mexico, before I met up with them, Millie Lewis came over and stayed with me for a bit. We had a lot of fun watching "The Errand of Angels" (I would definitely recommend it!) and chatting. Then... at midnight, we decided that we were hungry so we made bean burritos. I can honestly say it was the first time I had eaten a bean burro at midnight! ha ha . Unfortunately, I'm often up that late to finish assignments... but this time it was just to be silly and fun!


Yum!




Notice how wide my mouth is opened?!?!?!


SHOUT OUT TO KADON

Kadon made FIRST CHAIR trombone in elementary honors band! I am so proud of him! The concert is tonight, so we're all going to hear him!


SHOUT OUT TO MACKAY

You can't have a shout out to one brother and not the other! ha ha. Mackay is doing great. Staying as busy as ever, but doing well. He is an umpire for Mesa Southern Little League and he really enjoys that!

This is from a year ago, but I love this picture! 





2 comments:

Brandon Randall said...

Yay for Kailei-related fun-ness! I'm glad you had a fun Spring Break, and on a random note, I LOVE "The Errand of Angels"...it is, no joke, one of my favorite movies! (We saw the random premiere-thingy of it at Cinemark way back in August or something for Mutual. And I fell in love with it.) And congratulations to your brother...that is great that he got to do that, and first chair is terrific! Oh, and I don't know if you'll read this comment anytime soon, but I sent you an invite from Facebook about Jazz, Baby, Jazz this week, on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know if you can make it on the short notice, but just letting you know and it would be great if you came! Sorry I rambled so much...anyways, it's great to read your blog! :D

Kailei said...

I got your invite Brandon! And I'll be there. I left a message on your cell, but disregard it. I found some tickets! I'll be there on Thursday and my family will be there Wednesday!!! Can't wait to see you all perform! It will be awesome!!!