Saturday, May 2, 2009

Quick Update

So I haven't blogged forever, and lots of people have given me a hard time about it, so here goes! I guess I'll just tell you all what I have been up to lately!


Adam
I am now officially dating Adam Brown (if you look at the previous post, he is the amazing guy that I went with on our first date to the Suns game about a month ago... sadly the only pictures I have of him are with an orange face...I'm not sure how that happened with all the fun things we have done together. I will definitely be better about taking pictures, Adam!) So yeah... we have been "officially" dating for almost 2 weeks now. Adam is amazing! He is a wonderful guy who I really enjoy being with. He's very strong in the Church, kind, understanding, patient, etc. etc. So yes, now you all know for sure that I am indeed dating someone. 

School
Tuesday is our last official school day followed by a week of finals! I am SOOOOOO excited that I am just about done! It is crazy to think that I will actually have an entire year of college under my belt after my last final, which is on Wednesday the 13th at 7:30 AM! I don't really feel like it's been a year... but in other ways I guess it feels like forever ago that I was in high school! I really have loved ASU! I really love college and I know that ASU and Music Therapy are the right choices for me!

Other Random Stuff
I am officially closer in the year to being 20 than being 19 and that totally freaks me out! My half b-day was a little while ago (actually, the same day that Adam and I started dating... happy half birthday to me! :) and now I am closer to officially being out of the "teen" years. Weird!

Funny Story
I so promised Jenny that I would blog about this experience, so here it goes! This one Thursday, Jenny and I were on our way to school and being our usual chatty selves when we got to the institute and it was time for me to swipe my card to get the gate to go up. I swiped my card and pushed on the gas to get over the speed bump. Unfortunately, I still had my hand (with the card in it) out the window! And yes, you guessed it, I dropped the card! There was no one behind me, so I put the car in park and started to open my door. BUT, the door wouldn't open because we were too close to the swiper machine thing to open it all the way. By this time, 2 other cars had pulled up behind me, so I was in the "how is this going to happen the fastest way?" mode. SO... I decided that it would be brilliant if I hoisted myself out the window, grabbed the card and pulled myself in. So, yes, I did exactly that! I lunge out the window, bend at the waist, grab the card, and hoist myself back in, the whole time pleading that the arm will stay up so I can get in the garage! Jenny is laughing at me and saying something like "if you'd have pulled forward 2 inches, you could have opened your door!" Well how was I to know? I was in speedy mode! ha ha. Anyways, maybe this is one of those things you had to be there for for it to be funny, but I thought that atleast Jenny would get a chuckle! Oh yes...the gracefulness that is me! So, the moral of the story: The parking arm at the institute stays up as long as you need it to! 


Well, good luck to everyone with the end of the year in sight! I wish you all the best with finals, projects, etc!

5 comments:

Adam, Melanie, and Sue Brown said...

Yeah! I finally was mentioned in the your blog. How fun. My family read your post and they all said that you don't know me very well. Haha

Linda and Rhonda said...

You are such a funny girl! I can just see you jumping out of your window! Ha ha ha! I knew you and Adam were going to be good friends. I just had this feeling...you know. But yay for you liking boys! I hope you have an ultra happy day! I love you!!
~Rhonda~

Brandon Randall said...

Oh my goodness, I would have loved to have seen you jump out your window to grab a card...it sounds like something I would do, if I had any coordination whatsoever. :) That's so crazy (in a good way) that you're heading towards 20...I'm not even 18 yet! Wow-ness...I'm glad that you're happy with your major, that school is almost over for you (me too!), and that you're even dating! Kailei's life = really fun to read about on a blog post. :)

Jenny said...

Hahaha--yes, I definitely enjoyed that. "The moral of the story is..." :)

Julie said...

No the moral of the story is... I love Kailei Jo! :D