So this is kind of a picture catch-up and then writing about new things.
So first, some pictures of stuff I did awhile ago:
While my Uncle Jason and Aunt Melissa were at youth conference, I watched their two youngest kids, Hailee and Kali. (I know it looks a lot like Kailei, but it's pronounced with the A as in Apple--cA-lee...Cute huh?) and we had SO much fun together! We built a fort, jumped on the trampoline, played games, and had a sleep over and the next day we went to the park and played more games and went to Burger King. This is my favorite picture from the day!
Such a precious picture!
In Utah we had SO much fun! I love going every year to see my family!
This is at the 4th of July parade. My Uncle Mark is driving his car and my cousin Ashley who is a year younger than me is in the passenger seat. Kadon and Uncle Mark's grandkids are in the back seat. Small town parades are super fun!
We even shot off some of our own fireworks after the big show! (It's legal in Utah) and that was SUPER fun! These two pictures are just a taste of what we did. The ones with lots of different colors didn't come out too well...
Mom and I have been pickling because our sweet garden produced a million cucumbers. They look really pretty and taste pretty good, but they are a little mushy. We think maybe our cucumbers were too big! Sigh. But we had a ton of fun! Definitely a bonding moment. Love ya Mom!!!
Every year, a family at Dad's school gives us their season tickets to one of the D-Backs games. Sadly, there are only 4 tickets, but it has always worked out that someone has something that night. Mom had her monthly meeting with Bishop (have I mentioned that she's the Relief Society President?) so Dad and the boys and I went. Fun fun! We missed Mom though!
They boys!
The Kids!
MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh the flashbacks to Chamber singing last year at the D-backs game! Frank made me a poster that said "The Future Mrs. Drew" and when we were doing our sound check, Stephen Drew walked RIGHT in front of me!!!!!! True story!
My Man up to bat! Yes, we were THAT close. And yes, Stephen Drew is still my favorite player. He is a stinkin awesome short stop and great at the plate!
Now, I think that I will tell you all about camp! It was such a good experience. It is always interesting to see how different stakes do things, and it took some getting used to before I really even knew what was going on, but it was really wonderful! Being on Jr. Staff, I was able to be a part of the night programs and that was a lot of fun. My testimony was truly strengthened and it was just great to get away from everything for awhile. The theme was Live Like You Believe. It was based on the scripture in 1 Timothy about being an example of the believers. It was really great to think and ponder and do a "self check" of how I am doing. I know that I have a lot to do, but that is what is so amazing--we can always keep moving forward. One of my favorite parts of camp was that we were each able to pick a "personal banner" that will help us remember what we want to do/be/something that will just help us along the way. I chose a river as my symbol for a lot of reasons. If you are really interested, you can ask me some time and I will share why that was my choice. But I would definitely suggest that you all choose a symbol. It's a really neat idea and it has made me think a lot and already when I have done certain things, I have remembered my symbol and it has helped me.
Summer is coming to an end. If you are in town and headed back up to school soon, we should definitely play before you go! If you are staying here when school starts, we should still play before it does, because once we all get our crazy schedules, we know we will be busy! So let's play!!!
1 comment:
Hey, I went to Utah like...6 years ago and did the same kind of thing for 4th of July too! Glad you had fun. And I love how you're still a big Stephen Drew fan. That was classic to see you all excited over him last year when we sang at the game. And my sister told me she saw you at camp! You've had a fun summer. :)
Post a Comment