Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Actual Post!!!

So I know that all of my last posts haven't really been the normal kind of post. I figure that perhaps someone cares what I have been up to this semester, so here goes! Oh... and these things will probably be VERY out of order... basically I'm just doing them however the pictures loaded! ha ha. 

--A WHOLE HEAP of school! This semester has been a wee bit crazy and at times overwhelming, but really quite awesome! In general I really love my classes and I am learning SO much. I really just love to learn and I have a great mix of classes that helps me learn lots of different things. 

--Piano Lessons! With 35 students, I am definitely busy!!! But I just LOVE teaching piano! It is really the best job EVER! If you want to know how piano things are going, you can hop on overhere and check out my piano blog. I'm supposed to post there every week, but that doesn't always happen. But, you can see some of my awesome kids and such!


--My brothers ROCKED IT in our ward's road show. Mackay played the guitar and Kadon was the cutest butler EVER!!! All of the roadshows were very fun so great job to everyone who participated! 
My Ward did "The Country Mouse and The City Mouse"




--Acting Silly! Really, that is the only way that I get through my crazy schedule! 
Kadon was getting ready for "Hippie Day" so we had fun trying on the wigs!


--Halloween FUN! My brothers and I decided to do matching Halloween costumes this year which was SO SO SO fun! I was Minnie Mouse, Kadon was Mickey Mouse, and Mackay was Goofy. We tried to talk Mom and Dad into being Daisy and Donald Duck but they weren't feeling it. ha ha. We also carved some stinking awesome pumpkins!




--I turned TWENTY!!! Yes, I am all old and stuff now! It's kind of weird! It doesn't necessarily feel any different, except for when I think about it and then it just seems odd!

My Mom baked my very favorite cake (applesauce cake) and my Aunt Melissa made it into flip-flops!!! How fun is that?!


--Grandma Shelley visited! We don't get to have her all that often, and it is always a treat to have her here with us! And, she was here for my birthday, so I had Grandma and Grandpa Jones AND Grandma Shelley here! What fun!




--New Calling! I am now the Primary Chorister in my ward which I am SO excited for, but a bit nervous to be honest. I know that I will be blessed to do it though! And I am sure the kids will teach me more than I will ever teach them!

--Getting ready for Sophomore Screening. The third semester of Music Therapy at ASU means Sophomore screening. We have to pass competencies in voice, piano, guitar, and recorder (which is super difficult to play well...before you laugh!) and if we don't pass, we have one more chance, and then if we don't pass again we can't continue in Music Therapy! No pressure, right? Luckily, I have an AWESOME Dad who is helping me to learn Guitar!!!

So...yeah! That is life lately in a nutshell! I am having a blast and loving life! I know it seems like a lot... but I guess I've always liked things that way. Staying busy is good for me. And I'm not too busy--I have lots of time to do the things I love. I have a strong testimony that when you put The Lord first, everything else just really falls in to place. I am so grateful for the Gospel for putting everything into proper perspective!!!

3 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Yay for Kailei and her crazy life! I'm glad you're sticking through it and doing your best. You amaze me! Keep going! I love you!!
~Rhonda~

Jenny said...

Love the new background! :)

Kylie said...

Wow, fun stuff Kailei! It's good to keep up with your life. Love ya!