Friday, January 8, 2010

My Cool Brother


So... This post was supposed to happen AGES ago... but it didn't. Obviously.

This is my brother, Mackay. He's pretty cool.


Mackay is on the drumline for MHS marching band. He is one of the hardest working kids that I know. He started out the season playing lead snare, but half way through, the tenor player quit and Mackay had to switch over. He worked super hard and had to learn a completely new part and positions on the field in like 2 weeks! CRAZY! Back in High School, I guess that I just did not realize how time consuming and physically draining marching band is. The line worked SO hard this year.

Well, this is the first year that Arizona had a State Marching Band COMPETITION rather than just a festival.




And Mesa took FIRST in division 3 marching band!

This isn't at the state competition... it's just at ASU band day, but you get the idea


At the State Competition, when they were announcing place (they went from 10th to 1st) I thought I was going to have a heart attach waiting for them to say Mesa High... it was a very stressful moment!



So this is just my shout-out to Mackay and the STATE CHAMPIONS--MHS Marching Band. You guys did a great show!

1 comment:

Kinzi Jo said...

THAT MAC DADDY IS A STUD I HAVE TO SAY HE IS THE COOLEST GUY I KNOW!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH