Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clumsy

By now... we all know that I am Clumsy (yes... with a capitol C).

Well... yesterday, I was walking to choir (the beloved scooter was packed away safely in my car because it was cold and windy, I was in a skirt, and I didn't want to add the scooter to that mix). I had just left the Student Union, where I had tried (unsuccessfully) to reserve a ballroom for a choir event. I was walking towards the Student Services building which is right across from Gammage (where choir rehearsal is). There are these two tiny (SUPER tiny) steps leading up to the building... well... one minute, I was walking, my mind who knows where, and the next thing I knew, I was falling! I'm not even sure how it happened... all I can figure is that I didn't step high enough and tripped on the stair! Luckily, no one saw the epic fall! I think I laid there for about 2 seconds to decide if I was alright. It didn't take long to realize what had happened, so I stood up, brushed myself off and assessed the damage:

1 ripped blouse (darn... had to go home and change before heading to a Baptism)
2 skinned knees... blood dripping down both
1 cut hand (it had JUST healed from my fall up the mountain over spring break!)
1 cut up arm, bleeding through my ripped shirt
1 damaged cell phone case (it looks like a tiny thing took a bite out of it)
Many scrapes and bruises

I hobbled into the student services building and found a close bathroom to wash up. There was this super sweet older lady who was so very concerned "Dear... are you okay?"

Me: "I think so... I'm not even really sure what happened."

Lady: (Knowing look) "Well..."

Me: "I think I just tripped going up the stairs. I'll be ok."

The lady did not look super convinced, but you know!

So I get to choir, and it's kind of hard to disguise my dirty, ripped shirt, so I have to relive the story a few times and I feel extra sheepish. I text my Mom and informed her that I WOULD be coming home after all and worried her sufficiently ("Oh my goodness!!! Do You think you blacked out?" "No Mom, I remember falling." "Well, you would still remember falling even if you blacked out!" "No Mom. I didn't black out. I'm ok... I just can't walk like a normal person.")



I have some pretty nice battle wounds.


The picture doesn't really do it justice... the cuts show up pretty good, but I have this HUGE bruise that is like a band around my entire arm... good stuff! ha ha. I was going to put a picture of my knees, but they didn't turn out right.





So yes... I obviously can't walk like a normal person... but I'm definitely ok... just a bit sore today. I think that funniest part is that I must have rolled because BOTH of my knees are banged up, but then the left side of my body is bruised... Oh to have seen this epic event!!!

Well...I think I shall call it a night... I should have been in bed long ago! Have a lovely end of the semester!

3 comments:

Linda and Rhonda said...

Oh Kailei dearest,
You do have the most eventful walks I've ever heard of! We just need to find you a handsome man who will catch you when you fall. :) I hope your battle wounds get better super fast!
~Rhonda~

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Haha. I am not, however, glad that you fell. Just to clarify. ;)

Julie said...

Oh... not fun! I agree with Linda and Rhonda - we need to find you a man to catch you everytime you fall. :) Love you! Hope everything feels better soon!