I received my mission call yesterday!
I have been called as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and have been assigned to labor in the Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission and report to the Provo MTC on July 6th! I never even guessed South America, but the moment I read Argentina, I knew that I had been called there by the Lord and that it is His will for me to be in Argentina!
I chose to open it with just my family so that we could all have our moment and it was very special.
I was all by myself when the mail truck turned on to our street and I sort of started freaking out, so I called my dear friend, Jenny and she came running up the street so that I would not be alone when I checked the mailbox. She is pretty much amazing. I opened the box after a few calming breaths and when I saw it, I screamed and then I cried! I think that the 2 hours between it arriving and me opening it was longer than the 2 week wait! haha.
Much love, Jenny!
So my family all gathered (plus my home teacher and his wife who are like family and a couple others who are like family) and everyone guessed where I was going to be serving. My grandma and mom guessed in the states and everyone else guessed somewhere in Europe, Asia, or The Islands.
My parents are the best. They are so supportive and one of the major influences in my decision to serve a mission.
I took a normal picture with everyone...
And a CRAZY EXCITED one!
(But I won't share ALL of these)
Grandma and Grandpa are so supportive and wonderful.
LOVE this picture!
Mom couldn't get both of us in the picture unless she did it the tall way. Haha. LOVE Mackay! He will be out on his mission at the same time as me! He should get a call around October.
My little bud. I LOVE Kadon!
Unkey, Aunt Lissa and Family
You all know Mackay... the other guy is my "Mexican Brother," Louis (**don't worry... he chose that title himself**) He is around our house enough that he has just become another brother. I told him all of my boy stories over the years. haha. Good times with my Mexican Brother.
I was already crying before I even got to the main letter... all I had to see was "the office of the First Presidency" and I just felt such a powerful witness that I am doing the right thing. It was amazing.
I started reading line by line.
Well, needless to say, everyone was pretty surprised when I read Argentina, Buenos Aires North Mission.
The whole letter was really special and even though all missionaries get the same kind of letter with just the location changed, I felt like the letter was JUST for me and seeing President Monson's signature was absolutely wonderful. The whole experience was so great!
I had some friends over later on to celebrate and that was fun for them to find out where I was going. In all, an AMAZING DAY!!!
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the earth today. I LOVE my Savior, Jesus Christ and I know that He is the way back to my Father in Heaven. I know that The Church was restored through Joseph Smith and that we have prophets and apostles on the earth today to lead and guide us. I know that families can be together forever. I know that prayer works and that The Lord hears and answers me. I know that The Atonement is real and that Jesus Christ suffered for me so that I can return some day. I know that He knows perfectly how I feel in all situations and that He can therefore succor me perfectly. I am so excited to share this good news with the Argentine people!
2 comments:
Hey Kailei! It's Reshea! I'm so happy for you. You will be an amazing missionary. I just know it :) and what an exciting place too!!!
Congratulations again.
Reshea.
Congratulations amazing girl!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :D
Post a Comment