Well, this was supposed to happen yesterday, but I had a super busy day, so I'm just now getting to it!
This is Brad (and me).
As of yesterday, Brad has been "Elder Pew" for exactly one year! He is serving a mission for our Church in Nicaragua. So many people have been calling me lately to hear how Brad is doing, so I finally decided to give a quick update on my blog about him. (I really don't mind all of the phone calls, they just made me realize that people want to know what's going on.)
I don't know a ton of stuff, but I do know some things that Sister Pew has told me. About a month or so ago, Brad had an emergency transfer because one of the Branches was having a lot of trouble and the Branch President went inactive. There were only 2 other active priesthood holders in the Branch. Brad's mission president asked him to be in charge of the branch and told him that he was to "build it up!" So on top of being a missionary, Brad is also a kind-of Branch President! Isn't that awesome!? The Nicaragua mission is also currently one Elder short, so Brad's companion is a local boy who is waiting for his own mission call, so Brad is also training him.
Brad really likes Nicaragua and loves the people. He likes the food and the culture, etc. He really sounds like he is doing great. He loves missionary work and he knows that he is on The Lord's errand.
Hopefully this was helpful to someone! Like I said, I don't know a ton of what is going on. The mail system in Nicaragua is basically non existent, but I talk to Sister Pew every now and again to hear how Brad is and how she is and things like that.
I think that it's so cool that all of our friends are out serving the Lord and doing such great missionary work! I wish I had updates on more of them for you, but I really don't. Sorry! I hope that they are all well, and if any of you know how someone is doing, I'd love to hear some time!
2 comments:
YAY!! I was actually just wondering about him too. That's kinda weird. Thanks for updating and giving us the D.L. on Brad. :)
~Rhonda~
Yeah thanks for updating on Brad! It stinks that he can't really write, but what can ya do! So it's good to hear something about him, and I'm glad that things are going well for him! I can't believe it's already been a year! thanks Kailei!
Post a Comment