Monday, September 22, 2008

Long Breaks

Okay. So I have this WAY long break on Mondays, and usually I have a million things to be working on or I go and hang out in the Institute and meet fun people etc. But today, I had to come and work on a specific assignment, and I can't get to it. The joy! There is something wrong with the link that my professor posted, so I can't get to the assignment. BUT, I walked all the way to the computing commons to grab a computer and do the assignment, so I decided that I might as well blog for awhile, so anyways, that was an extremely long introduction for the funny story I have for you all.

So, a couple of days ago I had an audition, so I had to wear nice clothes. I decided to brave heels for my HUGE cross-campus trek. They weren't gigantic heels, so I figured that I'd be okay. Well, the people were behind so I got out later than planned and I had to hoof it across campus especially fast to get home and teach piano lessons. I can just imagine how ridiculous I looked practically jogging back to the institute parking garage. I think I saw my life flash before my eyes numerous times as I zigged and zagged around the fantastic bicyclists, skateboarders, and loiterers. The institute was finally in sight. Suddenly, my foot twists into an awkward position and I begin to go down. Yes, in the middle of MANY people! It takes me a moment to realize what happened. I take only two steps after regaining my balance and realize that my feet are no longer even. Yes. You guessed it. I broke the heel on my favorite pair of black dress shoes! I looked back and saw the lone heel stuck in a oddly large crack in the sidewalk. I instantly wished someone had caught it on film, because I was sure that it was a movie-worthy moment! haha. So anyways, I sadly made the rest of the trip to my car. I never thought that I'd actually be able to say that I had broken a heel... it's always been one of those things that I thought that I'd hear about but it'd "never happen to me". Well, surprise surprise! Moral of the story: if you have to make it across campus (somewhere between 3/4 mile and 1 mile) in ten minutes, DON'T wear heels. Needless to say, my choice of footwear this year has been "function over fashion!" 

6 comments:

Julie said...

That is SO stinkin awesome!!!

Jenny said...

Haha...and how sad...all at the same time! How come I didn't hear about this earlier? ;)

Rachel Langford said...

Oh I'm sorry!!! But it's a great story! :P haha love ya!

Linda and Rhonda said...

Well, I feel like writing a novel to you...but I will spare you the pain! I can just imagine you biffing it in heels! I would have loved to see the dramatic event. Thanks for coming to my concert! I was so happy to see you! Mine is lindayrhonda.blogspot.com so check it out! Bye!

~Rhonda~

Janel said...

Wow! I understand now why you wanted me to read this! It was absolutley hilarious!:D

Janel said...

Wow! I understand now why you wanted me to read this! I've had a good laugh! :D