Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Clarify I Must

Yay for talking like Yoda!!!

Okay, so some people are asking how to change your background, so here is the low-down! (Down-low???)

Go to thecutestblogontheblock.com (there is a link in the top right corner of my blog. There will be one on yours too if you choose to use one). There is a place that says free backgrounds. Click on it. Then pick your background. Copy the HTML that it tells you to. Then go back to your blog and go to your Layout section. Click "add a gadget" and scroll down until you see "HTML/Javascript" Then paste the thing that you copied on cutestblogontheblock into the HTML space. Then apply it to your blog. THEN, you have to do one more thing that took me forever to figure out (when I say forever, I mean a couple minutes), so I'll let you in on my little secret. The background without doing this step is half what you just applied and half what you just had, because they overlap or something. SO... go back to the layouts page and go to the place where you pick the backgrounds. Then, pick the very first one. It is the all white one, and then you can't tell that there is a weird overlap thing going on since the one is all white. Then you will need to go in to change your font colors to match your new background since the ones on the white one are orange and that most likely doesn't match your new background.

I know what you are thinking. This will take FOREVER! No! Remember that I am not the greatest blogger and even I could do it. I think it took me all of five minutes! Hope this all made sense. Let me know if it doesn't work for you or if you are totally lost. 

No comments: