Friday, October 31, 2008

ROAD TRIP (finally)

Okay... So I know that the road trip was like 3 weeks ago... but I am just now getting a spare moment to sit down and blog about it! (Sorry) So pretty much we had SO much fun!

We left on Friday after Jenny got done with her last class. We packed a TON of stuff and brought a TON of food. (Yes, the picture of the food box was just for the two of us and yes, we ate a ton of it.) On the way up, we took a TON of pictures and listed to a ton of music, singing along at the top of our lungs. (We took pictures of our "road trip soundtrack") We drove up and made a quick stop in Globe at the Walmart. Then, we hurried on to Thatcher. The whole point of the road trip was to see Marilee perform at the fair, so we were slightly worried that we were going to be late. We hurried and stopped by Jenny's cousin's house to see if he wanted to come with us. He didn't even know that we were there!!! (He was playing Halo... ha ha) SO... we hurried to the fair grounds and when we got there we found out that Mar's group was (of course) on the other end of the fair. So here we are, basically jogging across the fairgrounds, already late (or so we thought). I kept saying "maybe it's a long show" and Jenny was like "yeah... maybe!" ha ha. SO, we finally made it to the grandstands and found out that we were fine cuz the show hadn't started yet (YAY!!!) The show was great. Shout out to Mar for doing an awesome job! I knew she had a solo... but she didn't tell me that it was her and all the hot guys!!!!!! ;) 

So after the show we were SO starving, so we gave in and ate the oh so wonderful fair food. (And when I say oh so delicious, I mean the greasy fatty stuff they call food!) Then we thought "We should go on the giant slide!" BUT, we soon found that just to go on the slide, it would be $4 each, and we, being the poor college students that we are, decided that that was not such a good idea. SO, instead we decided to look at some displays and the animals! OH MY GOODNESS!!! We saw the coolest animals. There was a sheep called "Lam...bergini" It was SO funny. And there was an albino cow! OH! and the Panda cow that was Jenny's favorite that would have looked just like a panda except for the part that it was cow-shaped! ha ha. It was stinkin awesome!!! Then, we decided to go back to Jenny's grandma's and settle in for the night. Her Grandma is SO cool. She is the sweetest lady and made me feel right at home. She pretty much reminded me of MY Grandma...except blonde! We decided that our days diet of teddy grams, candy, and grease (I mean fair food) was not sufficient and split a banana. YUM!!! So we decided to wash our faces and get our pj's on. So, our feet were disgusting from the fair, so we decided to wash them. I jumped onto the counter, but got the teensiest bit too close to the sink... Yes...you guessed it. I fell in! (Isn't that so like me?!?) So Jenny was like "Stay there! We HAVE to take a picture!!!" So while she searched for the camera, the faucet dug into my back while I was laughing hysterically. ha ha. Finally, we took a picture and Jenny helped pull me out. Then we watched "Thoroughly Modern Millie" If you have not seen it, you HAVE to! It is so stinking good! We had lots of fun. We talked for awhile and finally hit the sack somewhere around 2:30 (Is that right, Jenny?) The next morning, we slept till TEN!!! Totally by accident, but we did. (Oops!) We went to Jenny's aunt's house for a jewelry party and then went to see Marilee's apartment and hang with her for an hour or so. Then we were starving so we went and got Jenny's cousin and went to lunch. We decided that it was probably time to head home, so we started out (we brought Jenny's cousin back with us) and had a great time all over again. On the way home we saw the site for the Temple up there and that was SO exciting!!!! So yeah, we got back home and all was well. We had SO much fun. It really was the perfect timing for both of us to get away for awhile. I love Jenny to pieces and it was great to spend the weekend with her!!! Pictures will be coming soon! I am having some troubles right now... but I'll figure it out!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Haha--this is awesome! I love how you described the panda cow, too. Cow-shaped...you make me laugh! I honestly can't remember when we got to sleep. I thought it was more like 1:30, but I didn't exactly have a watch on me so...Hooray for Thatcher! :)

Brandon Randall said...

Yay for the awesome cows!!!!! It was fun to read your road trip story, it was very interesting with lots of twists...and...turns? Anyways, I love reading your blog! :)